What an honor to be nominated for a blog award!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
My nomination for this award comes from the lovely Kelley of Oceans Originals. Kelley is a beautiful soul that loves the Ocean as you can clearly tell by visiting her blog. She designs her own patterns and I have been fortunate enough to have been asked to test her patterns for her. She has many free patterns on her site that are just gorgeous. Please visit her site using the link above – you will not regret it and will feel the island vibe immediately. Thank you so much Kelley, for the nomination!
As a nominee I am to list 10 Facts about myself:
- I am left handed but crochet and knit right handed as that is how my Oma taught me.
- My first language was German but learned English at an early age.
- I live in an area where Peacocks run wild.
- I work as a Surety Broker but my dream is to one day open my own yarn shop.
- I do yoga everyday.
- I am gluten intolerant.
- I belong to an organization called the National Association of Women in Construction.
- I lived in Turkey for a few years.
- I am Italian and German.
- My family loves to go camping.
In addition to providing you the 10 facts about myself – intended for you to get to know me better – Kelley has presented me with several questions of her own:
- How/when did you start crocheting? I started crocheting at a very early age. My Oma (German Grandma) taught me to knit and crochet most likely around the age of 8 or 9.
- What blog post are you most proud of? I would say the blog I am most proud of is the one on how to clean a granite composite sink. This one gets a view at least once a day.
- What is your favorite song? My favorite song is Happy by Pharrell Williams
- What is your favorite book? hmmm that is a tough one… I would say it is the one I recently read called: Present Not Perfect
- What is your favorite t.v. show? My favorite TV show was Army Wives – so sad that ended.
- What is your ideal vacation? My ideal vacation would be a trip where I could be surrounded by nature – either in the mountains or at the beach. I would be camping for sure!
- Do you have any pets? I do not have any pets, but we sure have a ton of peacocks.
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers? My advice for new bloggers is to just go for it. Write about what interests you – chances are there are others out there with the same interests.
- Do you have any non-crafting hobbies? Most of my hobbies involve crafting, but I do like to cook as well.
- What is your favorite dessert? My favorite dessert is a banana split – loaded with all the sauces, fruits and nuts…. Yum!
- Sunny days or rainy days? Definitely rainy days since I live in California and we welcome the rain. Cuddled up by the fire – crocheting or knitting.
Now for the fun part…. I get to choose some nominees! Drumroll please….
I do hope these bloggers will accept the nomination and play along. I am now going to ask you a few questions of my own.
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- Bike or Train?
- Apple or Samsung?
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited?
- Does blogging replace or enhance journaling?
- When do you find time to blog?
- Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space?
- Do you speak any other languages besides your native tongue?
- Left or right handed?
- If you could be any super hero, who would you be and why? I do hope all of the nominees decide to play along. You can find the official rules here. Have Fun!